Students examine the carbon cycle, and identify sources and sinks within the environment. Students relate thisminformation to greenhouse gas emissions of carbon dioxide in the context of greenhouse gas emissions in Michigan.
Students will answer these essential questions:
What is the Carbon Cycle?
How do human actions (in Michigan) affect the Carbon Cycle?
Science/Middle School and High School
One 40 minute period – Classroom setting
From MEECS Climate Change Resource DVD
• Carbon Cycle (QuickTime Movie – 2:22 minutes)
• Keeping Up with Carbon (MP4Video – 5:30 minutes)
• The Carbon Cycle (PowerPoint)
• Carbon Cycle (transparency master)
• Explore the Carbon Cycle (answer key)
• Michigan Land, Air, and Water (answer key)
• Michigan Land, Air, and Water (poster)
• Explore the Carbon Cycle (student activity)
• Michigan Land, Air, and Water (student activity)