Units included with this Open Author resource:
- What Gets into the Air?
- Learning goals:
- Identify physical and chemical changes associated with combustion, Identify reactants and products, Explain how combustion (burning) is linked to air pollution
- MEECS, Environmental, Environment
- Lesson One Overview
- Advance Preparation
- Background Information
- Adaptations/Extensions/ Enhancements
- Additional Resources
- Thought Questions
- Burning Questions
- Candles and Air Pollution
- Burning Questions at Home
The lesson develops the basic ideas that combustion activities are a major source of air pollution and that the products of combustion include particles (soot) and gases such as carbon monoxide and carbon dioxide.