1. Have students assemble a portfolio of their research on the AQI and the UV Index.
2. Prepare a color recognition quiz that relates AQI colors and UV Index to health warnings.
3. If both the UV Index and the AQI are studied, have the students read Summertime Safety from the MEECS Air Quality CD and write an essay
on what they have learned about how to predict the air quality (AQI) and the UV Index on a given day.
4. Have students develop a brochure about the AQI and/or the UV Index.
5. Give the Exploring the AQI assessment.