- Students will build sensory awareness enhancing their perception and personal connections to the theme of race, power, and privilege in their community. Students will take notes, build background knowledge, and begin to determine which types of media messages are reliable sources of information. They will research what form of media campaign most inspires them to act on an issue in 2019-20. Students develop media-literacy connections to further inquiry and investigate topics that stimulate their curiosity. The final product will be a 3-minute video essay.
- Communication, Journalism, Film and Music Production, Composition and Rhetoric
- High School
- Grade 10, Grade 11, Grade 12
- Material Type:
- Lesson Plan
- Diane Walker, Brian Peck, Emily Wallace
- Date Added:
- Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike
- Media Format:
- Downloadable docs
No evaluations yet.