What is the distinction between weather and climate? As a way to understand climate, students interpret climagraphs, and read about climate variability. An extension lesson has students comparing climate data from different regions in the United States.
Students will answer these essential questions:
What is weather?
What is climate?
Do our climate records indicate climate change?
Science and Math/ Middle School and High School
One 45-50 minute period – Classroom setting
From MEECS Climate Change Resource DVD
• What is Climate? (PowerPoint)
• Weather or Climate (answer key)
• Midland Precipitation (answer key/teacher resource)
• Climagraph Example (transparency master/teacher resource)
• Making a Climagraph – Atlanta, Georgia (answer key)
• Climates and Places (answer key)
• Michigan Temperature Variability (transparency master)
• Midland Precipitation Variability (transparency master)
• What is the Difference? (transparency master)
• Weather or Climate Cards (student activity)
• Weather or Climate (student activity)
• Midland Precipitation (student resource)
• Midland Precipitation (student activity)
• Making a Climagraph – Atlanta, Georgia (student activity)
• Climates and Places (student activity) optional