Students participate in a class-wide dialogue after conducting research on one of many Michigan personas about their views and solutions to climate change.
Students will answer these essential questions:
What are the social, economic, and environmental impacts of climate change in Michigan?
How could climate change affect Michigan citizens differently?
Science and Social Studies/ Middle School and High School
20 minutes – Classroom setting – parts 1-3 1-2 class sessions (45-50 minutes) – Classroom setting – parts 4 & 5 (one week after initial class period)
From MEECS Climate Change Resource DVD
• Dialogue Preparation: Dialogue, Debate, & Careful Listening (student resource)
• Community Conversation Cards
• Revolving Conversation Guidelines (Teacher Resource)
• Student Participation Rubric (teacher resource)
• Some Effects of Climate Change in Michigan (teacher resource)
• Before-the- Conversation (student activity)
• After-the- Conversation (student activity)
• Community Conversation Cards (student resource)
• What’s the Impact? (student activity)